Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mission Completed..


The Five Stages of Homer


I just finished making one of the hardest yet still enjoyable cakes yesterday. I was challenged with "Make somthing with either Homer Simpson or Twinkies". So being the creative thinker I am, I was able to create a cake using both! I finished a giant head of Homer Simpson equipped with a thought bubble stating "Mmm...Twinkies" and a tower of 20 twinkies floating on a cloud.

I really enjoyed making the cake even thought there were some set backs and it seemed everybody had enjoyed it as well! I am now trying to get my name out there so I can start making more and more cakes! And maybe just maybe one day I could just be a cake maker! (in my dreams)

I have started a myspace page at www.myspace.com/nothingbakeslikeaparrott to show my cake decorating feats and have named my faux buisness "Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott" (not to be confused with "Things Are Better With A Parrott", Sarah's buisness). So definatly check out with I have done and become friends with me via myspace!

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Jess,

Love the Homer cake! I have a friend in Smyrna, TN that has her own cake decorating business. Check it out:http://www.poshcakestn.com/. It's called Posh Cakes. She has some really fun cakes that she's done. I love looking through her pictures. You may like it.
Again, I love reading your blog!